All

All. A small word, just three letters. 

He asks for all.

It starts out difficult but becomes easy, as the heart grows accustomed to giving. 

The good things are easy to give to Him - the victories, the successes, the praises and affirmation.

With the giving, comes growing. My all expands, my inner world stretches out beyond its original frontiers, into an untamed wilderness where His presence has yet to touch.

I have not been this way before.

And I discover there is more to give, more to invite Him into. 

Most of that new terrain is paved with loneliness. There are trails leading in many different directions, some of which are shrouded in darkness. 

He waits to be invited to walk down those paths of loneliness. He waits to be given my all, again.

And until He has my all, I shall not be free.

Only in your name can I stand in the rush of time, only when this loneliness is yours can I lift my sins toward your mercy - Leonard Cohen, "Book of Mercy"

Comments

Popular Posts