Whispers of the heart

The story of Peter walking on the water is coming alive in this season.

Jesus came towards the disciples in the storm. He did not calm the storm.

Jesus, let me not cry out to you to stop the storm prematurely and miss my meeting with you.

Peter alone answered Jesus and said, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." (Matt 14:28)

Jesus, may my desire to be near You be stronger than my desire for personal security in a time of testing. Let my heart cry out even when the majority is silent.

When they both got into the boat, the disciples "worshiped Him, saying, 'Truly You are the Son of God.'" (v 33)

Jesus, use my act of faith (however small and unsteady) to reveal Your deity and cause worship to arise.

Before this story, Jesus multipled bread and fish to feed the multitudes (vv 13 - 21)

After this story, Jesus healed all the sick who came to Him (vv 34-36)

In between two accounts of miraculous provision and healing was a test of faith.

Jesus, let my heart be found faithful and pleasing to You both in good and difficult times. And teach me to discern the divine momentum of walking with You - and above all, to anticipate eagerly the manifestation of Your power after the test.

Comments

Popular Posts