Lay down my life

Just a few hours ago, I was doing housework (after weeks of denial) and talking to God.

Me: God, is there a difference between giving you my life, and laying it down?
God: When you lay down your life, you die to the fear of all possible negative scenarios.
*silence*
Me: I want to lay down my life. Help me.

God didn’t say much, but like old friends, I think I understood what He meant.

You can give your life to follow Him, yet live in constant fear of all the “bad” things that may happen.

When you lay down your life, you die to all fear.

You don’t fear disasters and disappointments. You don’t fear physical sickness, or emotional loneliness. You don’t fear being betrayed, taken advantage of, hurt. You don’t fear trauma or rejection.

Yes God, I want to lay down my life. I really do. Help me.

Comments

Popular Posts