A lifetime is too short

I don't know where 2011 has gone. It didn't seem so long ago that I marked my fourth year anniversary in Timor in July. Now, I am already halfway into my fifth year. 

People come and people go. Many ask me how long more I would stay here for.

The answer varies depending on how much sincerity I discern behind the question. Often I have 1.5 seconds to decide if I will tell the truth, or give a politically correct but patronising answer to someone I may never see again.

The truth is, if I have given Jesus my life, it does not matter how long I stay here for. He has my whole life.

And last night, as I sang "Adore You, I will ever stand before You, and worship You all of my days...", I found another answer to that question.

How long will I stay here for? I don't know, but a lifetime is too short to serve Him with.

Comments

Popular Posts